Followers

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Take all the polish off

I saw this done expertly today; when you get to your point take all of the polish off your presentation. No hand gestures, no movement. No voice inflection. Deliver that line just cold. My friend was presenting on communication problems and she was quite animated and doing voices and gesturing. Then she got to the point. Her boss suggested perhaps the problem was her. She said,

He said....what if the problem is you? Have you ever considered that? And I stepped back and thought, no, I never once thought about this being my problem. I always thought it was her.

She dropped all the fun voices and gestures and she said those lines as flat as possible. It sounded like a confessional. And everyone in the audience leaned in to hear her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment